X32 RACK: How do I set up live stage monitoring?
Setting up a live stage monitor mix using conventional monitors: 1. Press the ROUTE button and page right to the Analog Out page.
2. Adjust the first encoder to select a rear panel analog output (e.g. Output 1), then adjust the fourth encoder to select a mix bus (e.g. Mix Bus 1). When the source and destination have been selected, press the 4th encoder to complete the assignment.
3. Adjust the 5th encoder to set up the monitor send as pre-fader, or pre/post EQ. This will prevent the monitor mix from changing when the front-of-house mix is adjusted.
4. Connect a cable from rear panel analog Out 1 to the input of:
- A powered stage monitor
- An external amplifier feeding a passive stage monitor
- A transmitter for a set of wireless in-ear monitors
5. Rotate the Channel Select knob to select Bus 1, then press the knob. Adjust the Channel Level knob to 0 dB. You can change the output on this bus later.
6. To adjust the mix sent to the monitor, select an input channel with the Channel Select knob, nagivate to the Home screen’s ‘sends’ tab, then raise the faders for each bus that the channel should be sent to.
Setting up a live stage monitor mix using the S16 Digital Stage Box: 1. Connect the S16 stage box to AES50 port A on the rear panel of the console using a standard Cat 5 Ethernet cable.
2. On the stage, connect a cable from Output 1 of the S16 stagebox to the input of the stage monitor.
3. Press the ROUTE button and page right to the AES50 A page.
4. Adjust the first encoder to select “Out 1-8” for the first 8 outputs of the AES50 A bus, then press the encoder to make the connection.
5. Analog Outputs 1-8 on the X32 RACK are now routed to the first 8 outputs of the AES50 A connector, which in turn feeds the 8 analog outputs of the S16 stage box connected to the AES50 A connector.
6. Adjust the monitor mix that feeds Mix Bus 1, as described above.
Setting up a live stage monitor mix using the P16 Ultranet Bus: 1. Connect an Ultranet personal monitor mixer (or P16 distribution amplifier) to either the P16 connector on the rear panel of the X32 RACK, or to the P16 connector on an S16 stage box that is connected to the X32 RACK console.
2. Press the ROUTE button and page right to the P16 page.
3. Adjust the first and fourth encoders to pair specific audio slots on the P16 bus with direct outs of various console channels, pressing the fourth encoder to complete each connection.
4. Any personal mixer connected to the P16 bus will now receive up to 16 individual audio channels, allowing its user to craft their own unique monitor mix.
5. When using the P16 connector on an S16 connected to AES50 port A, press the ROUTE button and page right to the AES50 A page, then adjust the fifth encoder to select ‘P16 1-8’, then press the encoder. Adjust the sixth encoder to select ‘P16 9-16’, then press the encoder. Note: The P16 signals on the S16 are sourced from AES50 channels 33-48.
Communicating with talent on stage: 1. Press the Monitor button and page over to the ‘talkback A’ tab.
2. Adjust the fourth encoder to set the destination of the talkback microphone, pressing the encoder to set the connections. The talkback mic can be routed to any of the individual mix buses that are feeding a monitor system.
3. Adjust the third encoder to set the volume of the talkback mic.
4. Press the button below the Talk Level knob to activate the talkback microphone to communicate with the stage talent. The talkback button can be set to latching or non-latching using the push action of the 5th encoder.