X32 RACK: Callouts
1. USB button opens the Recorder View on the MAIN DISPLAY, causing the LED to glow green. The LED will glow red to indicate access on the DATA/AUDIO input. An unlit LED indicates no data access and inactive Recorder View.
2. DATA/AUDIO USB input allows connection of USB flashdrives for firmware updates, loading/saving scenes and show files, and playing back or recording WAV files.
3. CHANNEL SELECT control cycles through all channels by turning the knob. By pressing this knob, you can jump to the next type of channels.
4. CHANNEL TYPE LEDs indicate which type of channel is currently selected.
5. CHANNEL NUMBER display shows the currently selected channel.
6. INPUT METER displays the pre-fader input level of the selected channel.
7. SOLO button routes the currently selected channel to the monitoring paths. The LED lights when active.
8. CHANNEL LEVEL control adjusts the currently selected channel’s output.
9. MUTE button mutes the currently selected channel. The LED lights when active.
10. MAIN MENU buttons open specific menus on the MAIN DISPLAY.
11. MAIN DISPLAY shows permanent information about the mixer’s configuration as well as information about the currently selected menu.
12. DISPLAY ENCODER knobs allow adjustment and on/off selection of the menu items indicated at the bottom of the MAIN DISPLAY.
13. MAIN METER indicates the Main Mono or SOLO level in the left meter and the Main Stereo level on the right.
14. PAGE SELECT buttons curse horizontally in the MAIN DISPLAY and make Yes / No confirmations.
15. LAYER SELECT buttons access different parameter layers that can be edited by the DISPLAY ENCODERS.
16. TALK button engages the Talkback microphone. Routing is defined in the Monitoring Preferences page.
17. TALK LEVEL knob sets the Talkback mic gain.
18. CLEAR SOLO button lights to indicate that one of the channels has been Soloed. Press to deactivate all active solo functions.
19. MAIN LR LEVEL knob adjusts the main stereo output bus.
20. ON/OFF button turns the power on and off.
21. MONITOR LEVEL knob adjusts the headphone and monitor output volume. Connect headphones to the 1/4" front panel input.
22. TALKBACK input connects a talkback microphone via XLR cable.
23. MONITOR outputs send audio to monitor speakers via 1/4" balanced cables.
24. AUX IN and OUT jacks send and receive signals via 1/4" and RCA connectors.
25. XLR OUT jacks send audio via XLR cable. Output signals are configured on the Routing/Aux Out page of the MAIN DISPLAY.
26. X-USB card provides 32 channels of input and output via USB cable to and from any connected personal computer DAW application.
27. ETHERNET connector allows full OSC-based remote control of the X32 RACK.
28. MIDI IN/OUT allows the unit to send and receive MIDI commands via standard 5-pin DIN cables.
29. ULTRANET connector sends 16 channels of audio to a P16 monitoring system.
30. AES50 A and B connectors allow 96 channels of bidirectional audio for connection to S16 digital snakes or other X32 family products. Shielded CAT-5e cable should always be used for AES50 connections between X32 and S16 units.
31. XLR IN jacks receive inputs via XLR cable. These inputs feature 16 MIDAS-designed mic/line preamps with 72 dB of gain range. Each input has an adjacent red LED to indicate when 48 V phantom power supply is engaged.