X32 PRODUCER: How do I use an outboard effects processor?
In some situations, you may wish to use a loop-style effect provided by an external effect processor, as opposed to using one of the eight built-in processors. To do so:
- Press the ROUTE button, page right to the “Aux Out” screen, and adjust the first and fourth encoders to tie a rear panel ¼" aux out, such as Aux Out 1, to an available mix bus, such as Mix Bus 2.
- Patch rear panel Aux Output 1 to the input of your external effects processor.
- Patch the output of the external effects processor to rear panel Aux Input 1.
- Select the “Aux In/USB” layer, select the “Aux 1” channel, and make sure the stereo button is lit so that the Aux 1 return signal is assigned to the main LR bus.
- Move the Aux 1 channel fader to 0 dB.
- Adjust the settings on the external effects processor to taste.