2.1 X18/XR18 Callouts
1. INPUTS accept balanced and unbalanced XLR and ¼ " plugs. Inputs 1 and 2 have high-impedance preamps for direct connection of guitars and basses.
2. OUT L & R jacks send the main mix signal to PA or monitor speakers via XLR cables.
3. RCA IN jacks (X18 only) accept unbalanced RCA cables for connecting MP3 players, external mixers, iPad, etc. These inputs have limited processing compared to the other input channels.
4. RCA OUT jacks (X18 only) send either the main mix signal or headphone signal via unbalanced RCA cables to a pair of active studio monitors.
5. CONTROL ROOM button (X18 only) determines whether the main mix or headphone/solo signal is routed to the RCA OUT jacks.
6. HEADPHONE jack accepts a ¼ " TRS plug for connecting a pair of headphones.
7. PHONES LEVEL knob determines the output of the headphones jack.
8. POWER switch turns the power on and off . The LED on the main input panel will light when the unit is powered on.
9. USB port (type B) accepts a USB cable for connection to a computer for multi-channel audio and MIDI recording. Up to 18 audio channels can be simultaneously recorded, and 18 channels are available for playback. The mixer application allows assignment of channels for recording and playback. 16 channels of MIDI I/O can also be transmitted on the same USB connection. Check the product page on behringer.com to download the required (Windows*) driver and the full manual for a comprehensive explanation of the interface.
10. ETHERNET port allows the mixer to be controlled via LAN or connected Wifi router.
11. RESET button resets the console to default network parameters when held for 2 seconds. When held for 10 seconds, all console functions are reset to factory default status.
12. REMOTE switch selects between Ethernet, Wifi client, or Access Point. See the Network Connection chapter for details.
13. MIDI IN/OUT jacks send and receive MIDI signals to and from external equipment. See the MIDI Implementation chart for details.
14. ULTRANET port allows connection of BEHRINGER P16-M personal monitoring mixers or P16-D distribution hubs.
15. AUX SEND jacks send your monitor mixes to active stage monitors or headphone mixers. The XR18 uses XLR connectors, while the X18 uses balanced ¼" jacks.
16. Inputs 17 and 18 (XR18 only) accept balanced ¼ " cables for connecting line-level sources. These inputs have limited processing compared to the other input channels.